Search This Blog

Wednesday 8 September 2021

First Crystals

 

Abstract

This poem talks about how two close friends drift apart. Such a close and genuine friendship was the first for both of them and thus seeing each other cry was also the first. They always felt happy to see one another but now one turns their back to the other which was another first. 

Poem

So fleeting

The moments that happened so fleetingly,

The moments that I thought would last forever,

Shimmered into oblivion within seconds.

Those precious moments,

Forgotten within the blink of an eye

Even then I couldn’t do anything

And when you broke down beside me,

Tears adorned our eyes like crystals

Glinting, as if waiting to erase our memories into oblivion.

 

Even as we drift apart

I can feel your eyes getting wet.

Over time, those eyes

Those beautiful eyes still pull me into you.

 

Both of us wonder,

“Why was it us?”

While I trace your love,

Desperately chasing my eyes

Looking to comfort you

But I couldn’t see that face of yours,

Looking happy anymore

With me just listening to you.

The us, so similar but so different.

 

Slowly, you begin to ignore my stares

Even though I am waiting beside you

Missing and longing for your hand in mine

Tears adorn my eyes like crystals.

 

Even as we drift apart

I can feel your eyes getting wet.

Over time, those eyes

That pull me in

Were the first.

 

Like a kid who feels anxious

That he would finish his candy and none would be left,

I was afraid of the moment everything would go awry.

Though you ran leaps to me while I took baby steps,

You, now, turn your back towards me

And I miss you so bad.

 

Even though we peeled away the masks,

Hiding the mysterious truths in us,

Understanding each other hand in hand,

Nervous as we were,

You still keep your back turned

Without even the glint of a smile.

It was the first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please write your feedback here.